Dental Implants at Allure Dental Care, Barnet
Dental implants replace missing teeth that look, feel and function like real teeth. Implants stop bone loss, preserve healthy teeth and help to restore your smile for a more beautiful appearance. We use only the highest quality material to ensure an exceptional success rate, so that you can have the smile youve always wanted.
Dental implants will give you a long lasting confident smile and they are much more secure than dentures. Teeth that pop out while you talk or chew are finally a thing of the past.
How we provide the best dental implants:
We use only the best implant system such as Nobel Biocare with 50 years track record at our practice with life time warranty. You can be safe in the knowledge that your teeth will be looking great for very longtime.
With an extensive range of dental implants including different dimensions and abutment connection we can tailor your implant to achieve a very secure fit. We are lucky to have some of the most gifted dental implant technicians in London with access to top of the range equipment and computer software. We can match your ceramic crown perfectly with your natural teeth, so even you can’t tell them apart. Implant dentistry is a highly skilled and specialist service and our implant team are some of the very best. With having highly skilled and experienced implant team you will be in very capable hands.
5 reasons to choose implants over dentures:
- They look, feel and function like real teeth
- They prevent bone loss
- Your smile is restored for a more natural appearance
- No dentures to remove at night
- Freedom to eat all the food you love
How does the implant work?
Implant dentistry has made incredible progress over the last decade and is clearly the way forward for many of our patients. A dental implant is a small titanium screw, which is placed into the bone or extraction socket and integrates fully into the jawbone.This creates a secure and permanent foundation on which to fix a crown to replace your missing tooth.
Most patients are suitable candidate for dental implants and the results can look aesthetically superb, providing complete confidence when smiling and eating all your favourite foods.
Before we start your dental implant treatment, you need an appointment with Dr Sam Parsno who will carry out a health assessment of your teeth and gums to detect whether any gum disease or dental cavity need to be treated prior to implant treatment.
- We will assess your bone quality and quantity.
- We will take 2D panoramic digital x-ray and in some cases a 3D digital scan (Ct-scan) if necessary.
Placing Dental Implants
After initial examination and assessment, the implants are placed via a small surgical procedure. Most patients choose local anaesthetic although the procedure can also be carried out under sedation. After a natural healing process whereby the implant is fully fused into the bone, a post or abutment can be fixed onto the implant. It is on this post that a crown is then fitted.
Single and multiple tooth replacement
Your natural smile can be restored and maintained using individual implants for a single missing tooth right up to implant-supported bridges for total tooth restoration in the upper and lower jaws.
Dental implant surgery is generally done in 3 phases:
A temporary crown can be placed at this time if the implant is ready for it. This is known as immediate loading but it’s subject to primary stability of the placed implant.There may be some swelling and discomfort, which will disappear within a few days. In Most cases the implant will integrate into your jawbone on average within 3 months.
Dental implant completed:
3 weeks after impression the final crown is fitted to the implant and your natural smile is restored.
Frequently asked questions:
Computer guided implant placement
In the area of implantology great advances have been offered by computerised tomography (CT scan). With Ct-scan in combination with computer software, we can virtually place the implants with extremely high precision, right size and right angulation to achieve a perfect functional and aesthetic outcome, even make your restoration before the start of your treatment in order to fit everything in one day or after healing period. Ct-scan also gives the implantologist highly accurate and detailed information regarding the anatomical landmarks. In modern implantology, it is important to analyse and plan every treatment according to each patients condition. Working in a 3 dimensional environment enables us to place implants in an optimal position, even in bone with poor quality and quantity.
Among a wide range of treatments available to ensure your smile reflects your personality, bone grafting or bone reconstruction is a well-tested procedure that can improve the function and beauty of your teeth. Because implant acts as an anchor, sufficient amount of jawbone is necessary to ensure long-term stability of teeth and dental implants.When bone loss occurs, we at Allure Dental care have the skills to remedy the problem.
Bone is essential to support the teeth in function. The bone and the teeth similarly, function to support the overlying soft tissues of the peri oral region. When teeth are lost, the bone supporting the tooth is gradually lost, as is the support for the overlying soft tissue. In addition, the amount of bone remaining for tooth restoration, especially implant placement or restoration is diminished. Bone grafting uses bone substitutes to rebuild areas of lost bone, allowing the missing teeth to be replaced as naturally as possible. All bone substitutes act as a scaffold, allowing the body to replace the artificial bone with its own over time, a process called Guided bone regeneration(GBR).The time taken for this total replacement varies depending on the type of material used. These bone grafts can be:
1-Animal derived. These are the most widely used type of grafts. Most commonly, a bovine (cow) bone graft material is used together with a porcine (pig) collagen membrane. We commonly use products supplied by Geistlich Biomaterials who produce Bio-Oss (Bovine bone) and Bioguide (porcine collagen) products.
2-Human derived. Taken from the patient themselves during implant surgery or from tissue bank. 3-Totally artificial (laboratory made). Many patients select such bone products for either religious or socio-ethical reasons.
What causes bone loss?
Trauma or inflammation of the gums and bone caused by bacteria can lead to bone loss. The height and thickness of the jawbone can also diminish after teeth have been removed.
When bone reconstruction is needed, this procedure is carried out under a number of circumstances:
- Before inserting dental implants if the existing bone is insufficient to ensure stable tooth anchoring.
- In cases where extensive bone damage has occurred.
- To correct a bone defect at the back of upper jaw, a procedure known as sinus augmentation.
- To repair bone that has been destroyed following root resection or cyst removal.
How is bone reconstructed?
Human bone has the ability to renew itself but in most cases it needs assistance. Geistlich Biomaterials, has developed rigorously tested natural products, including a bone substitute that enhance the bodys regeneration processes extremely effectively and aid the healing process.
How will I feel after the surgery?
Some people may experience discomfort but there are quick and easy remedies to ease any tenderness. Swelling can be treated with cold compresses and if pain occurs, suitable painkillers will be prescribed.
During the first week after surgery avoid the operated area when brushing your teeth and use an antibacterial mouthwash. After this, a soft toothbrush can be used to clean the area around the wound.
Avoid coffee, alcohol and cigarettes for two to three days after surgery. This reduces the risk of bleeding and boosts the healing process. Heavy smoking and poor oral hygiene can adversely affect the outcome of the procedure. It is vital you attend all check-ups with the clinical team even if healing is proceeding without problems.
What about the products used during bone reconstruction?
The products used conform to the highest safety standards and are made under strictly controlled manufacturing procedures from the finest raw materials.
Independent institutions and state authorities regularly check Geistlich Biomaterials production processes and the company operates a documented quality assurance system.
How effective are Geistlich Biomaterials products?
These have been part of the standard therapy in the field of bone reconstruction for many years throughout the world. Many clinical studies have reported on the reliability of both products.
Regardless of the type of material used, the actual graft procedures are relatively similar and can be used to recreate bone using:
- Guided Bone regeneration around implants This procedure allows the width of a remaining bony ridge to be increased at the time of implant placement meaning that the final implant restoration has a very natural appearance and morphology.
- Socket Preservation This process involves packing the socket of an extracted tooth with bone graft material to maintain the bulk of bone in the area. This can be very useful for either future implant placement or when a bridge is the planned restoration for the area as it allows the natural ridge dimensions to be maintained.
- Immediate implant placement In some cases, when a tooth extracted, an implant can be placed immediately into the extraction socket. When this treatment is carried out, any space remaining between the tooth socket and the implant is grafted with bone substitute material to maintain the natural volume of the area as much as possible.
- Sinus elevation and grafting -Following the loss of the upper posterior teeth, bone can be lost which can allow the air sinus in the area to increase in size (pneumatisation). This in turn means that there is a slight shortage of bone height for implant placement in these areas. In order to replace the volume of bone in these areas to allow the successful placement of implants a sinus elevation and grafting procedure may be required. This is a more involved procedure but one which we carry out regularly at our clinic.
During this procedure the sinus is accessed and the lining gently elevated allowing bone graft material to be placed forming increased foundation for the placement of implants. With this procedure there are a number of matters that you should be aware of:
- Bovine bone graft material is used for the sinus graft.
- Following sinus elevation and grafting it is normal to expect some swelling, tenderness and bruising in the form of a black eye, which will resolve in the week or so following surgery.
- Infection in the region following surgery is unlikely but not impossible.
- During the elevation of the lining it is possible that the sinus lining can be torn or damaged. Small tears are of little significance but larger tears may cause the procedure to be abandoned for completion at a later date.
- If you suffer or have suffered in the past from chronic sinus conditions you must advise our team of this situation.
- Block grafting This is again a more invasive procedure which involves the harvest of bone blocks from the patients remaining dental bone with the repositioning of these grafts in the areas in which they are needed.
While grafting procedures are carried out to cause as little trauma as possible, these can be invasive procedures and it is normal to expect some swelling, tenderness and bruising afterwards.
The true extent of this depends on the individual but will always be controllable with routine analgesia if required and will generally resolve in 7-10 days following surgery.
All-on-4 Dental Implants
With all-on-4 dental implant, you can finally forget troublesome dentures and enjoy eating again with enthusiasm.
All-on-4 is a revolutionary technique, which deal with the hassle of traditional dentures. The all-on-4 solution utilise only four titanium dental implants placed at specific locations and angles, allowing robust anchorage of the full set of teeth. Dental implants effectively supports not only the substitute teeth but create replacement roots, which connect with your jawbone. As described, all-on-4 means you will only need 4 strategically placed implants to secure a full set of permanent fixed teeth.
In some cases, with careful planning, the treatment can be completed in a day, immediately giving you back that healthy looking smile which looks and feels like real teeth, earning the treatment the alternative name, Smile in a day.
With All-on-4 dental implants, there will be no embarrassing moments involving teeth that fall out or loose dentures, which necesitate being very careful what you eat. As All-on-4 bridge is a fixed restoration it will allow you to comfortably eat what you want with full confidence that you have undergone the latest in state-of-the-art implant treatments. The other benefits that all-on-4 implants bring over using dentures are:
- Does away with adhesive, creams, nightly removal and sore gum
- An uncovered upper palate so you can better taste and enjoy food
- The permanent teeth replacements prevent sagging around the mouth, which tends to make the face look older.
All on 4 frequently questions
Does the procedure hurt?
The procedure is specially designed to minimise pain and you will be given a local anaesthetic or sedation while your four implants are inserted. Afterwards, there will be some minimal swelling and soreness, which can be tackled with a normal painkiller. In fact, patients have often reported being surprised at how little pain they feel and how quickly they recover.
Will the results look natural?
With support of highly skilled and experienced implant team at Allure Dental Care, you can rest assured that we will work with you to make the most suitable replacement teeth, both in respect of shape and shade, so that they are virtually indistinguishable from natural healthy teeth.
Is age a factor for the success of dental implants?
Health is much more of a determining factor than age. If you are healthy enough to have a tooth extracted, in most cases you will be healthy enough to receive dental implants. Nevertheless, we will do a thorough assessment of your health, mouth, teeth and jawbone to make sure you get the best results.
Why choose us?
Having dental implants is a very delicate procedure, which is why you need to be very selective when it comes to choosing a dentist for your implant treatment. Years of postgraduate studies and accredited training are compulsory before a dentist is qualified to carry out implant treatment, but fortunately Dr Sam Parsno and his implant team has not only fulfilled these requirements but he has also 15 years of experience in placing implants including very advanced and complex cases which involved bone augmentation or sinus augmentation with a success rate of 98%, mentoring other dentists in implant placement on one-2-one basis in the last 10 years, pre-mentoring in The Royal College of Surgeons in London from Feb 2013 to Feb 2015 and has been accepting referrals for implant treatments from other dentists in the last 10 years.
While a skilled team is vital for successful implant treatment, the type of implant being used, as well as the laboratory are also important factors. For this reason we only use implants from the worlds leading manufacture Nobel Biocare established over 50 years with highest number of implant research in the world in comparison with other well-known implant systems and we are lucky to have some of gifted and experienced implant technicians in the country with access to top-of-the range equipment and computer software. We have no higher priority in the tooth replacement process than your health and safety.